The Chizzle Site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chizzle Site.

It's a forumm, dudeee.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cookie

Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) Empty
PostSubject: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Prologue
It’s the year 1692, right when the Salem witch trials began.
Outside the snow was falling hard, the cold causing my fine red hair to itch uncontrollably. “Kaya!” Running down the hall to the voice, I saw my wrinkled old grandma cooking whilst my mom cleaned. “For goodness sake child, go feed the horses. They’re probably dead from starvation by now.” Grandma peered at me over her shoulder, her crystal green eyes burned into mine; Her color skipped Mother and ran down straight to me. They shone like emeralds that were freshly polished, and stood out dramatically against my pale skin.
Turning on my heels quickly, tan peasant dress swaying loosely around my ankles, I headed towards the horse stables. After feeding our four horses, I stopped to May-Bell, my favorite one, and got into her stall. She whined hungrily, not for food but for attention. Her owners name tag above her stall shone bright, it read; ‘Kaya Ematrice Piercen.’ She was my horse, and no one could take her away. Behind us, a man stood with defiance radiating off his body. “Kaya, you’re sixteen. It’s time I found you a husband.” That was Father, I could tell by the husky tone in his words.
Sighing, I nodded in agreement. No use in arguing with a man; they practically own us girls. Under my breath, I whispered a luck and protection spell, as to keep my father from making me marry someone that could possibly hurt me or someone who is disgusting and would make me sick whenever I have to lie in the bed with them at night.
I forgot to mention one more thing, I do Witchcraft.

Chapter One

May-Bell whined to be brushed, so I grabbed her course comb. As the teeth glided down against each strand of hair, tugging against my fingers, my mind began to wander. Before my eyes, I saw an image of a tall, dark handsome man. I would have blush, weren’t for how his hands were covered in blood and his smile was pure evil. I couldn’t remember what it looked like; it came and went so fast that I couldn’t catch any features of the person. A soft mew sounded behind me, causing me to jump and drop May-Bells comb.
My small black cat, which had ice blue eyes, trotted between my ankles with a purr. Her soft velvet voice echoed in my head, “Hello, Kaya.” Sitting on her bottom with her tail wrapped around her legs, she began to groom herself. She was my familiar, I found her as a stray. Or better yet, she found me. “Good morning, Citchi.” A mental smile crossed her eyes. “How are you today?”
Only after a few seconds, Grandma came to the stables causing Citchi to run behind May-Bell. “Kaya, supper is done, come help us set the table. Your father is bringing home guests who may or may not be your future husband.” Turning, she walked back to the cabin, as brittle as burned wood. Sighing reluctantly, I fallowed her quickly with Citchi in my arms. At the door, I was greeted by my brother, his red hair tousled about his head. With a smug look, he said “Ma’s mad at you, she said to stop wasting your time with that,” He pointed at Citchi, “And start practicing at being a wife.”
Without acknowledging him, I walked into the kitchen. Three men were seated at the small round dinner table. At the back of my mind, something was tugging remembrance. One man was obese, old, and grotesque. Sweat lined his balding head. The second was a smug, young man with sandy hair and blue eyes. I think he was a son to a rich man. The third made me catch my breath; he was tall, lean, tan but not bronze, had black messy, but neat at the same time, hair and deep brown eyes. Oh, how I could lose myself in them. I could swear that he was the kind of person you wouldn’t forget. But, here I was trying to remember if I knew him. He looked me over, and it took me a while to realize I was staring at him. With a small intake of air, I looked away.
“Help your mother set the table.” My father’s voice pierced me hard. He wasn’t talking sweet to me like a daughter; he was acting like I was an object he was showing to these men. Putting my only friend on the floor, I quickly scurried to my mother’s side. One after another, I sat plate after plate on the table. “Ma, this is really good.” My brother beamed over the table at her. He was a year younger than me, but acted as if he was my boss. “Thank you, Matthias.” With a nod of her head, she motioned for me to get ready for the men to start questioning me. The grotesque one looked me up and down, but stopped suddenly on my breast and hips. I had to stop myself from squirming under his gaze by biting my lip. “Does she cook and clean well?” Father nodded a yes, his mouth full wine. Something in me told me that something doesn’t set right with these people. Not one of these men.
Roast pig filled my nose, causing my mouth to suddenly water; I haven’t eaten in since yesterday. The sandy haired man kept looking at me with a smirk, like I was merchandise. Watching as his eyes went from me to my father, I saw that he was contemplating if I’m worth his time. I mean, I don’t mind marrying someone; I just don’t want to marry someone who will disturb me. The third man didn’t look at me or acknowledge me. Putting his hands on the table, he simply said “she’s quiet fine. May I see her hair?” The question knocked me off guard. Signaling to me, my father told me to undo my hair.
Pulling the bonnet off like a hair tie, my waxy fire red hair fell down to my lumbar. Both the Sandy haired man and the overweight man were just staring at my hair in amazement, while the black haired man looked me in the eyes. Something in me chilled all the way down my spine, and suddenly I felt unsafe and scared. His eyes looked vacant, and hallow. Something in them said to run. I knew I had to stand there and let him look at me, or I would go against my family’s wishes. I looked across the table, and mother was eating her food silently. She seemed sad. Sitting beside Matthias, I pulled my hair back up.
Slowly, I pushed food into my mouth as quiet as a mouse; it was rude for a girl to shovel in food. My insides were cold from the look in the man’s eyes. Clearing his throat, the obese man grunted; “My name is Henry.” Before the other boys could tell us their names, Citchi taunted in my head “I know their names, I know their names; the sandy haired man is named Dante, while the black haired man is named Bayden.” With a smirk, she jumped up onto the counter. Lying on a small dishtowel, she began to groom her black coat; as the sun hit her, silver beamed off her like an aura. Looking at the three men, I saw Bayden looking at me still, while Dante was shoving bites of food into his mouth.
Leaning in close, Father said to the three men “Whoever can pay me the highest will get to wed my daughter. Any offers?” I couldn’t believe it; Father was actually auctioning me off. Henry gruffed hoarsely “I’ll pay 500. That’s as high as I’ll go. She’s not that extraordinary.” Well, isn’t he sweet? My eyes grazed the table, I saw a look fall across Bayden’s face; it scared me to the bone. His look was possessive and in control. Prying my eyes away, I looked over at Dante; he had put 1,000 on the table. Father looked exuberated. I started to fill with dread, was I really going to marry one of these men? Again I say I don’t mind marrying; I just don’t feel safe. Henry looked sad, and Dante looked smug. I couldn’t tell Bayden’s face though, all I saw was a blank look. In a second, he boomed “I’ll give you the deed to my second farm house.” Father’s face began light up. “Deal. She’s all yours. You can take her now if you wish.” What no one knew was Bayden did a manipulation spell while everyone else was offering; there was no second farm house.
Turning towards me, father said in a strong voice “Go pack your belongings.” Matthias grinned stupidly at me from across the table, as if he had won a huge bet. As I opened my door to my room, its wood having measuring lines from me aging, Citchi ran between my feet and jumped on my bed. Purring, she just laid there as I packed my altar, putting my belongings on top of it. Tears rimmed my eyes, causing my green color to faze over. I was about to start my new life; I wasn’t sad about the beginning of my new one. I was sad for the death of my old one
Back to top Go down
Taylor
Admin
Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Before I read this, I think you forgot to log in. aha. I think I should turn the guest option off, because people are becoming confused.
BTW, the on/off button is log on, log off. :3
Back to top Go down
http://omgitsaforum.roflforum.net
cookiecrusher101

cookiecrusher101

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Oopsie XD!!!

I was logged in but my mom cleared the cache`, so it logged me out without me knowing. I was confused when it asked for a user XD
Back to top Go down
Taylor
Admin
Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Ahh. Gotcha. Aha. If you need me to edit something for you, I can. :3
Back to top Go down
http://omgitsaforum.roflforum.net
cookiecrusher101

cookiecrusher101

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 pm

:3 Like my story
Back to top Go down
AlbusD.

AlbusD.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:09 pm

*reading*
Back to top Go down
cookiecrusher101

cookiecrusher101

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 pm

It needs to be spell checked and grammar fixed x]
Back to top Go down
AlbusD.

AlbusD.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 pm

Yeah.
Aside from the odd mistake, it's really good!
I wanna read moreeeee.
Back to top Go down
cookiecrusher101

cookiecrusher101

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:17 pm

o-o-o-o

Last edited by cookiecrusher101 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cookiecrusher101

cookiecrusher101

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:18 pm

I need someone to point out the errors. Stupid Word isn't doing me any favors.

//Sulks in corner//
//Is unloved//

::Edit::

I comma abuse too much. It's a habit xD
Back to top Go down
AlbusD.

AlbusD.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Baha, I'm a comma abuser too.
Back to top Go down
cookiecrusher101

cookiecrusher101

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 pm

People say I sound vain when I ask people for help because this is the convo I usually have.

Me : Can you help me? I can't find any mistakes in my story. It's frustrating.
Them : .....
Me : ...?
Them : It's obvious... *Walks away*
Back to top Go down
AlbusD.

AlbusD.

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Baha, nice.
I don't usually let people read my stuff.
Only the tacky fanfics I write for money, lofl.
Back to top Go down
SkywardLover

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:58 pm

LOVE this. Definitely unlike any other story on here. Hope to see more soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cookiecrusher101

cookiecrusher101

PostSubject: Thank you :3   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 am

I will give yall a secret.

Kaya will NOT end up with Bayden. He's the worst of the worst Warlocks. And Lily's the best of the good Witches. So he's trying to get her pregnant and they're baby can be an unlimate weapon. Could be bad or good but really powerful.
Back to top Go down
Xxparawhore23xX

Xxparawhore23xX

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Excellent beging Very Happy iloved it
Back to top Go down
http:// http://omgitsaforum.roflforum.net/forum.htm
cookiecrusher101

cookiecrusher101

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:38 am

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)   Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later) Empty

Back to top Go down

Beyond the hanging tree (Will edit later)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Chizzle Site. :: Writers Corner-
Jump to: